Thursday, March 03, 2011

It's hard, sometimes…

…to keep things on a 'family-friendly' basis around here, because of things like this...
In his opening statement, [Defense Secretary] Gates fervently appealed for funds requested by Gen. David Petraeus for equipment to protect troops in Afghanistan. The money has been held up because it would come from a project benefiting a major contributor to the committee chairman, Bill Young (R-Fla.).
Young's been paid $80,000 to care more about the production rate of surplus Humvees than soldier's lives. Nothing family-friendly about that, or about my reaction.

I suppose it's a good thing I'll likely never meet Rep. Young. I'd have to use my PTSD defense at the subsequent assault trial, and I'm saving that in case I ever encounter the Phelps gang outside a cemetary.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home