Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yeah, poverty stills sucks…

…but things aren't nearly as bleak as they were when I dumped my tale of financial and emotional woe on y'all last week. There are still major money issues looming pretty immediately in my life, but not so many now.

Response to the fundraiser Carl kicked off in response to my post last Thursday night has been enormously gratifying, and if it hasn't solved all of my budget issues, it's sure made a big difference in my emotional outlook. The combination of contributions and comments each day has given the Brilliant and Beautiful Bride of Upper Left and I a huge lift, and helped us raise our view from some of our more immediate challenges enough to focus on some strategies for going forward.

To recap, you've helped us pay down the phone bill, buy a car battery, clear a bank overdraft and have a little bit of walking around money for bus fares and such. I even squeezed out a few bucks for a token x-mas package for the youngest grandkids.

All that being said, I'm going to keep pitching for another day or two. If you haven't had the chance, and you have the ability, please click the PayPal link to chip in.

I can't begin to tell you how much even the smallest contributions or the shortest notes have encouragement have meant to us this week. While we may not have gone from poverty to prosperity just yet, you've lifted me out of the despair that seemed inescapable just a few short days ago. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home