Friday, January 01, 2010

From the "Reason for the season" file.

As a Real American™, I've been monitoring the New Year's Day bowl games, and there have been some good ones so far. Northwestern put a real scare into Auburn in an overtime contest, but why, I'm forced to wonder, are two unranked teams playing on this college football day of days?

Congratulations are due to Bobby Bowden, whose Florida State Seminoles came through with a farewell win for their retiring head coach. Joe Paterno's Penn State Nittany Lions came through for their grand old man, too, but Joe Pa doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

And now the quandry. Come bowl season, I'm typically a loyal son of the PAC 10, and that's particularly true come Rose Bowl time. But the Ducks? I'm supposed to root for the Ducks? That's a stretch.

On the other hand, they're playing Ohio State. If it could only be Michigan.

Ducks or Bucks? What to do?

Quack, I guess. Bring on the Sugar Bowl.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nivetha said...

Very happy and marvelous New Year wishes to you and your family. God may bless you for a new wonderful year.

Wishes from your new friend, am, Nivetha. I have started this New Year with some new friends like you.

I am a news blogger and I updating my blog with some current news around the world. I just want you to refer my blog and add my link along with one of your friend’s blog list

My reference Title: Today News Updates, URL: http://2daynewsupdates.blogspot.com/

Hope our friendship will make us this news year brighter.

Again New Year wishes from

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home