Tuesday, October 13, 2009

An abject plea.

There's good news and bad news here at Upper Left World Headquarters. The good news is that after a year long search, the Brilliant and Beautiful Bride of Upper Left has found a new job. The down side of that news, though, is that it's a commission only gig and, while we have good reason to anticipate great her eventual great success, in the short term it means the end of the unemployment checks that have kept us hovering around the 'struggling to get by' line for the last year.

I haven't done much blegging around here during the nearly six years I've been blogging, and haven't been all that successful on my rare attempts, but it's crunch time at ULWH. I'm not talking about the need for a new laptop (I don't even have an old one) or a trip to some party gala or blogger convention. There's a real need, right now, for money for things like rent, food and the light bill. My personal paychecks just won't cover it all, and now there are two broken cars in the driveway with no immediate prospects of paying repair bills.

I'd like to think - actually, I truly believe - that I've provided something of value in terms of information and entertainment around here in the last few years. If you think so, this would be a dandy time to hit that the PayPal button. I know times are tough for lots of folks these days, but anything at all, even five bucks, would mean a lot to us.

I hate doing this. I hate putting my household business out on the street, as it were, but the alternative might be coming home and finding my furniture on the street, or the house cold and dark. If it wasn't really at that point, I wouldn't ask for your help.

Thanks, as always, for reading Upper Left, and thanks especially if you're in a position to help out.

(If PayPal just isn't your thing for whatever reason, email me and I'll send you a snail address.)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Demeur said...

In better times I wouldn't hesitate to drop a few bucks in your tip jar but I too am in the same sinking boat. Only my unemployment checks are due to run out here and the 7-11s here were busy hiring their own family members.
So what's Mrs Left selling? If it's funeral plans I just might be interested. Always be prepared for the future.. you never know.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Shaun said...

Actually, it's funeral plans. Really.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Shaun said...

And, by the way, my own personal Congressman got an unemployment extension through the House, if the Senate will just get off the stick. Hope it's in time to help you out.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home