Saturday, August 29, 2009

From the "The more things change…" file.

This, via Digby, was distributed in Dallas on November 21, 1963...

Absolutely click it bigger!

Hate springs eternal. The optimist in me notes that this offers some evidence that at least some of the recent outpouring isn't just because Obama's black.

The pessimist finds these wingnuts as stubborn and troublesome as blackberry bushes around fenceposts. They sprout up every year and will take over if you don't chop 'em back wherever they appear.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Terry Parkhurst said...

This flyer has been on my mind, in recent weeks, with the photos and news reports of people showing up, brandishing firearms, where the president is scheduled to speak.

I am very afraid, that someone may try to shoot him. I pray that I am wrong, as I don't want to relive that awful day in November of 1963, or even that (also) awful day in March of 1981.


Yeah, maybe those people have a right - actually, legal right - to appear in public toting a firearm. But have the words "common sense" lost their meaning? That's not meant as a rhetorical question.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Terry Parkhurst said...

Geebus, you are right Shaun. Much of this sounds eerily familiar. It is akin to a Ground Hog's Day of political thought; or what passes for thought.

I am not a church-going fellow (not on a regular basis, although I do attend meetings in a lot of church basements). Nonetheless, I will say a prayer for our (current) president's safety, tonight, before I go to sleep.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home