Tuesday, February 19, 2008

MY OH MY!

Seattle's voice of summer, Dave Niehaus, is headed for Cooperstown.

I fell in love with baseball on the radio listening to Vin Scully in LA. When I moved home 25 years ago, I hardly hoped to find a broadcaster as skilled, knowledgable and entertaining as Scully waiting for me. Heck, when I left home, we were still a PCL town. Little did I know.

I don't know how many times I've sat in the car, waiting on Niehaus' next call, when I could have stepped inside and watched the game on TV. Sometimes you can see more when he tells it than when you see it. It's that kind of magic that makes a Hall of Famer.

9 days 'til the Cactus League opener in Peoria.

Yay Dave! Go M's!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home