Friday, February 01, 2008

Want to be my leader?

First, be a leader. Mcjoan looks at the FISA fight and the role our presidential candidates could play, even if campaign pressures on the day before Super Tuesday kept them away from the Senate floor (and I, for one, don't feel particularly forgiving on that score. There's more press to be obtained and, I'd argue, more votes to be won by doing their jobs than by filling one more day with stump speeches)...
Among the Senators endorsing Clinton that need to be moved on this are Bayh, Bill Nelson, Feinstein, and Whitehouse. Obama's list includes Ben Nelson, Conrad, Johnson, and McCaskill. The presidential candidates would do well to contact these Senators and urge them to cast their votes in their stead.
I have to admit that if one of the candidates moved more of their endorsers on this one than the other, it would figure into my February 9th calculations. Showing up on the floor to cast a vote against immunity could secure my vote in the caucuses.

Mcjoan's right (a redundancy, I know). This is a time to lead.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home