Thursday, February 07, 2008

It is true…

…and Bill deserves a share of blame. I'm not crazy about the "Clintons" frame in Obama's recent mailing, though. Hillary wasn't the titular head of the Democratic Party in the 90's, and I think the relevance of her experience as first lady has been largely overblown. Since I'm disinclined to give her as much credit as she claims, I can't assign her all the blame Barack apparently wishes I would. Still, the numbers are real, and the picture ain't pretty...
8 years of the Clintons, major losses for Democrats across the nation.
Governors (-12 Ds)
30 Dems after the 1992 election
18 Dems after the 2000 election

U.S. Senators (-7 Ds)
57 Dems after the 1992 election
50 Dems after the 2000 election

Reps (-46 Ds)
258 Dems after the 1992 election
212 Dems after the 2000 election
It's fair, at least, to ask what she's learned and why her leadership would produce a different result. There could be very good answers to those questions. I'd like to hear them.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home