Saturday, February 09, 2008

Dateline: SHL-0558

Don't know what kind of bellwether we might be, but my four delegate precinct split 3-1 for Obama. Attendance was more than double 2004, I'm pleased to say, and enthusiasm was high.

Where did I end up? In the Hillary camp for the day. There was no question that Obama would do well, but the Hillary supporters looked to need a little help to secure their delegate and alternate, and I wasn't inclined to send a table full of first time causus attendees away empty handed. Neither was I going to go head to head with them for the chance to move forward in the process, so my caucus participation is done for the year. Actually, it's pretty exciting that none of the folks going on to the Legislative District and County meetings had ever attended a precinct caucus before. Very exciting, actually.

Most effective spokepersons for Obama? The folks who'd been to Key Arena yesterday. For Clinton, the nurses, hands down.

Did you caucus? What'd you see?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home