I got plenty of nuthin'…
…and nuthin's happened at all. Yglesias…
· [in the murky past]: War in Iraq becomes unpopular.…and the way it looks, the war drags on.
· [November 2006] Republicans lose tons of congressional seats.
· [December 2006] Baker-Hamilton commission attempts to frame a proposal for gradual withdrawal in a way that would be politically possible for Bush to embrace.
· [January 2007] Bush rejects Baker-Hamilton out of hand, says unpopular war will continue indefinitely and be escalated via unpopular surge.
· [Spring 2007] Nervous Republicans back Bush in legislative showdown, but are afraid to endorse his proposal for endless war, say instead that nothing should be decided until Petraeus reports in September.
· [June 2007] War is unpopular.
· [July 2007] War is unpopular.
· [August 2007] war is unpopular.
· [Early September 2007] Petraeus and Crocker testify that despite the surge's failure to accomplish its stated goals, progress is being made, and the surge should continue for six more months.
· [Mid-September 2007] War is still unpopular.
The solution is simple.