Sunday, April 01, 2007

Among the things…

…that I'm not ready to make nice about is the legacy of Barry Goldwater. While some may pine for the gruff honesty of his latter days, his vision of America would have been awful if implemented. You can count me among those who believe LBJ did many wonderful things for America, so many that the balance of history will fall in his favor regardless of the disaster of Vietnam, an error he at least came to recognize and accept responsibility for. Perhaps the very best thing of all, though, was keeping Barry Goldwater out of the White House.

Still, Phil Nugent offers an intriguing proposition at No More Mr. Nice Blog...
I wish I could use one of my three wishes to bring Goldwater back from the dead just long enough to let him have three minutes to share his thoughts on the current administration with the nearest microphone.
Make that the post-retirement Barry and I'm in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home