Monday, March 12, 2007

I've expressed, I believe, my disdain…

...for the Republican Ladies From Maine. While I'm still vacillating over what to do in '08 on a Presidential level (I think I know what I'd do if I had to do it today, but I won't because I don't) but I know I'll be doing what I can from way over here for Anybody But Susan Collins. Why? Kay In Maine has a few (actually, a few more than a few) good reasons way over there
* She voted for the 2001/2005 tax cuts and voted for the 2003 $350 billion tax cut for the wealthy
* She supports repealing the estate tax
* She voted for the bankruptcy bill, voted against tax subsidies for the US jobs that go offshore
* She voted to allow lobbyists to make some gifts to the Congress
* She voted in favor of confirming Judge Samuel Alito knowing full well he is against Roe v. Wade
* She voted 'yes' on the flag burning Constitutional amendment
* She voted to authorize military force against the sovereign nation of Iraq
* She voted in favor of the Military Commissions Bill (pro-torture and not a lick of peace in it)
* She supports the Real ID Act and instead of fixing this Act to protect American’s privacy, she wants to move it ahead to 'forget about it until later'
* She voted in favor of diverting Homeland Security funds to low risk areas of America rather than to the high risk areas
* She refused to subpoena the White House after Katrina, even when she had the power to do so as Chairwoman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
* She had the NAACP investigated for speaking out against Bush back in 2004
And, of course, there's…
Collins support for the war and her failure to use any oversight authority while she chaired the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee…
And this is supposed to be a "good" Republican.

Just another reason why…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home