Thursday, November 16, 2006

When it comes to credit…

…for bringing local bloggers aboard the Darcy Burner bandwagon there was no one earlier or more enthusiastic than Andrew at the Northwest Progressive Institute, and there's no doubt that his local efforts were instrumental in her eventual adoption by most of the national heavyweights. His contribution just can't be overstated, but on this point, well, include me out...
Nobody in this organization or the larger Pacific Northwest progressive community seriously expected to win WA-08, WA-05, or WA-04 - though we all did have high hopes. And we worked hard to try and make it happen...

...Our strategy was, and is, to invest in races to make them competitive.
The 4th and 5th, well, ok, but the 8th? I seriously believed that Dave Reichert could be defeated, and I came to serously expect Darcy to get it done. I seriously believe it's worth another shot, because I still seriously believe she can do it.

I try to avoid ex-cathedra statements about 'the blogosphere' or 'the netroots,' because while a lot of us have a great deal in common, and we all benefit from linking and working cooperatively, we're hardly a monolithic lot.

Sorry, Andrew. My strategy was, and is, Democratic victory.

I can live with setbacks, but there's still no substitute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home