Sunday, October 22, 2006

But enough about me…

…let's talk about my blog. Upper Left came into being three years ago today. That's over 4400 posts, almost 6000 comments and, last time I loaded the page, 181,298 visits ago. It's the visits, of course, that make the posts worthwhile.

An average of 5,000 or so visits a month doesn't put me anywhere near the blogging big leagues, I know, but for me it's a perfectly good reason to get up and get at it every day. Sure, it would be great if more folks hit the comment button more often, or if anyone ever noticed that PayPal button over in the sidebar, but that's not why I started this thing in the first place.

Actually, Upper Left has taken a somewhat different form than I imagined on day one, but I'm fairly happy with what it is. I'm totally grateful that any of you take the time to check in, in any way, at all.

Before I hit the highway (this is only my second break from daily blogging in those three years), let me thank you all 181 thousand and however many hundred times. I can't wait to get away, because I love to travel with my Brilliant and Beautiful Bride, but I can't wait to get back because of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home