Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I hear quite a bit…

…of this lately…
As November nears, the polls will tighten, Republicans will have their days in the sun, and some Democrats will despair as some Democrats are wont to do.
…and it always leaves me wondering why anyone would want to be wont to despair, or what makes people so damn sure the news is going to be anything but great from here to November. At least some of my eternal optimism is grounded in jesselee's cosmic force, I suppose…
...there will be one thing that keeps my faith strong: there appears to be a cosmic force, one I've mentioned before, doling out justice and karmic balance, and he, she, or it appears to be very active in this election cycle.
What goes around comes around, pendulums swing, tides turn and all that.

Mostly, though, while I know stuff happens, the stuff happening now is sufficient for the day. No need to borrow trouble by predicting it. I may be setting myself up for a fall by expecting the best, but it makes every day a little brighter as I go along, and each task a little lighter.

And, as the best ex-President in the country once asked, why not the best?

We deserve good news, dammit, and I expect it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home