Friday, June 16, 2006

Deadbeat DoD.

SAN ANTONIO -- Fort Sam Houston has received 1,300 utility service termination notices for delinquent bill payments, which officials blamed on a major budget shortfall.

CPS Energy warned commanders at the post to pay $4.2 million by Wednesday or risk losing power. The post is three months behind on its bills, but both Army and utility officials said the two parties were talking and no cutoff was imminent.

"Who would imagine us not paying our bill?" said Col. Wendy Martinson, Fort Sam Houston's garrison commander. "I worry about it. I can't sleep at night."
Of course, over at Fort Hood, cutting the power might be useful for hiding the vermin.

I hate what they've done to my Army.

I hate what they're doing to our troops.

Hat tip to Holden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home