Monday, May 08, 2006

Fish Story.

"I would say the best moment was when I caught a 7 1/2-pound largemouth bass on my lake."
Jeebus.

Someplace along the translation line (the original story was published in German) the fish in question has mutated from a record setting freshwater perch to a stocked bass charitably described as, well, fair sized. The size and species of George's finned prey isn't what really struck me, though.

It was the way he tossed off "…my lake," as though owning your own lake is the most natural thing in the world.

Of course, there's nothing natural about Bush's private man-made lake, or the fish, for that matter, which are planted for his private angling pleasure.

And there it is. After six years as "the most powerful man in the world," the final Decider of all matters of national and international importance, George W. Bush's best moment was the solitary pursuit of a private pleasure on his private lake playing what was, in essence, a game of shoot the fish in the barrel.

Doesn't that seem a bit, I dunno, sociopathic to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home