Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A virtual chorus line…

…of girls kicking ass today. Email from Maria



Seven months ago, I sponsored legislation that would make price-gouging a federal crime and strengthen the power of those who regulate the practices of big oil companies. Since I introduced this bill, the Bush administration and Republican Congress have fought our effort every step of the way.

Last week, this failure of Republican leadership became even more obvious as the price of oil hit an all time high. Yet again, the administration's response was to do nothing.
We have had to wait long enough. Today we must act.

Right now I am walking to the floor of the Senate and asking for an immediate up-or-down vote on my gas price-gouging bill. If we get Senate support today, we will have won a major energy policy victory.

Join me in calling for the immediate passage of my Energy Emergency Consumer Protection Act.
Join me as a citizen co-sponsor now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home