Saturday, January 28, 2006

Dear Senator...

Apart from a couple of personalized introductory lines, I've sent the same message to both Senator Murray and Cantwell...

I don't have to explain to you the dangers that this nomination poses to reproductive choice, to civil liberties and, with the nominee's extreme views on the theory of a 'unitary executive,' to our Constitutional system of checks and balances. Still, I understand that the decision to filubuster is a serious one. I think the threats posed by the specter of a Justice Alito are serious enough to merit using every possible resource, including the filibuster, to prevent that occurence.

I know that there are concerns about the political implications of a failed filibuster. Those are real, but they pale compared to the potential gain for our country in the event of success. No decision is without both political and policy risk. This is an instance in which the risks must be taken.

I assure you that regardless of the outcome, if you take those risks, I will use every resource available to me in defense of your decision, and I am confident that I am just one of many for whom that is true.

Please filibuster Samuel Alito.

Sincerely,

Shaun Dale
Democratic Precinct Committee Officer
SHL 32-0558
Contact Senators Murray and Cantwell now.

Postscript: Ryan's right. If any of this is useful to you, feel free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home