Saturday, April 02, 2005

It's touchy, I know.

I mean, I've pondered how the world of my experience has been tangibly improved by his Papacy and have come up empty. It's not surprising, then, that I don't really care much at all about John Paul's end game. That doesn't mean it's a subject to be handled carelessly, though, and, given the 24 hour multi-network Pope-A-Thon we're in the middle of, it's a subject nearly impossible to avoid.

Happily, the inimitable Mr. Wolcott puts it all in perfect, and perfectly respectful, perspective...
After all the eulogizing the media have been doing over the last 24 hours, what will be left to say once the Pope actually dies? They've talked his death to death before having the decency to let him expire first.
Good question, good point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home