Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I can't believe...

...they did it. I mean, my expectations for Republican behavior is so low that while I figured that I'd have a generally dull level of disgust throughout the RNC, I never imagined they could actually spike my internal outrage meter. This story did it, though.
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Delegates to the Republican National Convention found a new way to take a jab at Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's Vietnam service record: by sporting adhesive bandages with small purple hearts on them.

Morton Blackwell, a prominent Virginia delegate, has been handing out the heart-covered bandages to delegates, who've worn them on their chins, cheeks, the backs of their hands and other places.
As the brother, son and nephew of men who have earned the Purple Heart in service to our country, I'm afraid that the words to express my outrage fail me at this point.

As I contemplate the 6497 US troops that have been wounded in the war (and the 975 dead) that the bastards who mock them are celebrating this week...well, words fail...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home