Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Well, I'm happy...

Wonkette nails the short form - Obvious Choices Rock! - and the Carpetbagger Report digs a little deeper, offering ten good reasons that Edwards is a good choice. I agree with all of them.

Of course, I'm such a staunch Kerry partisan that the bottom of the ticket has never been likely to affect my enthusiasm for the top of the ticket much one way or another, but I think Edwards will help energize some the folks who were in other camps over the winter, and that's a good thing.

It also helps push health care, and especially the Patient's Bill of Rights, higher on the agenda. Democrats should own the health care issue collectively, and John Edwards does own the PBR issue in his own right. It doesn't just strengthen our Presidential ticket, but can have a big impact on House and Senate races all over the country.

Yep, it's a good thing, altogether. I'm happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home