Tuesday, April 27, 2004

If you don't know what FUBAR means...

...then I suppose it's a perfectly family-friendly acronym, and if you do, well, I can't do any more damage to your impressionable mind. And there's no doubt, Iraq is FUBAR.

Ian Welsh has a list of some reasons over at BOPnews. It's arguably incomplete, but certainly worth a review. It's a long post, but I recommend a thorough reading. Here are his sub-heads...

Unrealistic Expectations

Threatening Iran and Syria

The Immediate Post War Period

The Coalition Provisional Authority

De-Baathification

Chalabi : To weak to rule, too corrupt to serve

Disbanding the Army and the Secret Police

Failing to control weapons and munitions stockpiles

Failure to Choose Effective Proxies

Failure to Rebuild

Securing the Borders

The Rhetoric and the Reality of Democracy

The Failure of Justice

Militias: The State Monopoly on Force

Israeli Occupation Tactics

The Sparks: Mishandling al-Sadr and the Fallujah Atrocity


In other words, FUBAR...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is long but i really need help! I turned on my laptop and it booted up fine. i clicked my account at the start up and my screen went blank. the message that popped up said. _Worm.Win32.NetSky detected on your machine. this virus is distributed via the Internet through e-mail and Active-x objects. the worm has its own SMTP engine which means it gather e-mails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. in worst cases this worm can allow attachers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. continue working in unprotected mode is very dangerous._ there are no icons that i can click and start menu is not visible. i would so greatly appreciate if someone can help me. at least tell me what i have to get done. [url=http://gordoarsnaui.com]santoramaa[/url]

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home