Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Catching up...

Much of yesterday was occupied with automotive-fu (nothing that a bunch of money I don't have for parts to be installed by a mechanic I can't afford won't solve...), so I didn't make my full run throught the blogs and news sites I usually mine for this stuff.

Until I get around to the Scandal Scorecard update, then, some of today's stuff will be catchup, which I'll kick off with kudos for Joanna over at Monkey Business. I've been watching the storm around 9/11 Commissioner Jamie Gorelick, and meaning to dash off a note of support to her, because she deserves it and because we should be making some effort to counter the rash of hate mail generated by Ashcroft's outlandish charges and his wingnut followers.

Joanna, on the other hand, has actually written her letter, and shares it at her blog.

She signs off with "So, thank you for standing up for yourself, because in so doing you stand up for the truth, and for reasonable, rational, and just government - the sort of government that doesn't have to rely on character assassination to implement its agenda." That's a sentiment we should all share, and one we should all express - ideally in our own letters to Commissioner Gorelick.

I'm putting mine together today. Haven't found an email address yet, but I imagine correspondence in care of the Commission will reach her. Here's the snail...

National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States
301 7th Street, SW
Room 5125
Washington, DC 20407


Sometimes you just have to do something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home