Monday, March 22, 2004

Scandal Scorecard Update

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm trying to knock this into some kind of manageable format, since maintaining an exhaustive list is a task that would require a staff of researchers, I'm afraid. There are dozens of outrages, but I'm not sure all of them rise to the level of indictable scandal

Right now, I've boiled it down to the ten that have or will caused someone to take a serious criminal, civil or career tumble. It will grow, I'm sure, and more pointers are richly appreciated...

Executive Branch:

1. Cheney's Energy Task Force

2. Ashcroft's illegal campaign contributions in 2000

3. The Boeing-Air Force tanker leases

4. Haliburton in Iraq

5. Haliburton in Nigeria

6. The Valerie Plame outing

7. The deliberate withholding of information about the Medicare bill costs

Congress:

8. Senate Judiciary Committee computer theft.

9. The Nick Smith bribe

10. The DeLay Texas fundraising scandal


Come on, I know I'm missing a big one, or a bunch of 'em. Help me out here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home