Sunday, December 28, 2003

Cheney-lite, anybody?

WASHINGTON - "Democratic presidential contender Howard Dean has demanded release of secret deliberations of Vice President Dick Cheney's energy task force. But as Vermont governor, Dean had an energy task force that met in secret and angered state lawmakers.

Dean's group held one public hearing and after-the-fact volunteered the names of industry executives and liberal advocates it consulted in private, but the Vermont governor refused to open the task force's closed-door deliberations.

In 1999, Dean offered the same argument the Bush administration uses today for keeping deliberations of a policy task force secret. "

I have an opinion about this, but I think I'll just keep it between me and my 'advisors'...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home