Sunday, March 05, 2006

Across the Cascade Curtain…

…there's news from Jimmy at McCranium that Richard Wright is staging for another run at Doc Hastings in WA-04, and that he's ready to apply some lessons learned the last time around. Wright writes...
During the last campaign I did not take campaign donations. I spent more than $100,000 of my own money. My assessment of this year’s campaign is that between $600,000 and $1.2 million is needed to realistically have a chance to defeat an entrenched incumbent. I ask for your support with humility and confidence...
Frankly, I like our odds better in the 8th, but this is a seat well worth contesting. Actually, it's been held by a Democrat in recent memory, which isn't true in the 8th. At any rate, you can check out the campaign and consider his case here.

Meanwhile, I've added the WA-04 General Election Fund to the Upper Left ActBlue page. Anybody but Doc, in the end, though it's likely Wright will be the one to reap whatever bounty...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home