Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Perspective...

via Steve Gilliard...

My god, I know some of you are young, or new to politics, but change takes time. It took ten years from the Montgomery Bus Boycott to the Civil Rights act. It may well take eight years to hammer the GOP back. But we will fight that fight, together and organized. And with better tools and we will all be smarter.

No one got the America they wanted without struggle, not just one election. So stop crying in your beer and do some reading. Find out how we really built this country and people who suffered to do so. You not getting the right candidate is not the worst thing that has happened. They used to hang black people for looking at white women. We're a better country than that that today, and we will be better after this mess is over.
There might be a few people out there more disappointed in this outcome than I am, but most of them are probably named Kerry. This was the first election since 1972 in which I voted in the general election for a candidate I supported in the primaries, save the sole instance of the Clinton re-election, in which there was no primary contest. I really believe that John Kerry represents the best of my generation, and would have been the best President of my lifetime. I feel this one in my heart and in my guts.

But there's no time for mourning in America. There's work to do. And hard as it is to grasp this morning, there have been darker days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home