Tuesday, August 03, 2004

True confession time...

...I'm a Deadhead.

Have tapes of my first show in '68 and my last show in '94, and many shows in between. My dresser drawer (to the dismay of the Brilliant and Beautiful Bride of Upper Left) holds enough tie-dye to outfit a Rainbow Family campout. I got on the bus as a kid and I'm never getting off.

Thus, I was particulary pleased by this nugget from the New York Daily News...
The Grateful Dead's Bob Weir is pleading with Deadheads everywhere not to vote for Ralph Nader. Performing on Saturday in Boston, Weir told the band's followers to be sure to vote, but the exorted, "Don't vote for Nader. I know him. He's an asshole," our spies tell us. The band then broke into "Johnny B. Goode," a theme song of the Kerry-Edwards campaign.
It's true, you know. The Music Never Stopped.

Never will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home