Friday, July 02, 2004

Whoa!

Some of ya'll really are testy, aren't you?

Our pal Amy writes
...after straggling in the door, I checked my email and found in my inbox a charming little missive from a reader who thought to take the time to tell me that he/she thinks my writing is "a stinking pile of detrius."
Now, I stand by everything I've said about Amy Sullivan's recent work on politics and religion. She is actually, factually, demonstrably wrong about John Kerry's approach to the issue.

She's right, too, that outreach to faith communities is an important part of conducting a successful campaign for office, on the national or most any other level.

Knowing that I myself may, on exceeding rare occasion, let my arguments extend beyond the range of my information, I must say that simply being wrong doesn't reduce all of one's efforts to "a stinking pile of detrius." I sure hope not, anyway.

By the way, before hitting send on your next missive to Amy, note that her father has apparently suffered a serious heart attack. Yes, Amy, I do, in fact pray, and your dad is included in mine, as are you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home