Thursday, May 06, 2004

Lights, camera...

The Left Coaster's Steve Soto is one of my favorite bloggers, but we don't always see eye to eye on the state of the Kerry campaign. His view is a bit darker and his appetite for campaign-directed attack is often a bit more voracious than mine. This time, though, I hope someone who can do something is listening to him.

I'd love to see this ad.


"If I were running the Kerry media operation right now, I would interrupt the $25 million ad buy touting Kerry’s biography, and quickly cobble together a commercial with footage of several of the sound bites from Bush and McClellan where the “I didn’t know” or “it wasn’t brought to my attention” defense is used. Several of these tied to 9/11, WMDs, and now the prisoner abuse scandal can be run with sound, and then a voice over can tell voters that its time to restore competence, accountability, and respect to our foreign policy. The commercial will end with Kerry looking into the camera, saying “unlike George W. Bush, I will restore accountability, responsibility, and respect once again to our foreign affairs. It’s time to put the adults back in charge. The world is too dangerous for a detached and disinterested chief executive, served by a group of cabinet officials acting like dysfunctional children. Mr. President, as Harry Truman said, the buck does stop with you. I’m John Kerry, and I proudly approved of this ad.”

Steve suggests this would be "Game, set, and match." I'm not that confident in the power of any single spot, but I would love to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home